Website served by Vroom Media Ltd
GENERAL PRIVACY NOTICE
Your personal data – what is it?
“Personal data” is any information about a living individual which allows them to be identified from that data (for example a name, photographs, videos, email address, or address). Identification can be directly using the data itself or by combining it with other information which helps to identify a living individual (e.g. a list of staff may contain personnel ID numbers rather than names but if you use a separate list of the ID numbers which give the corresponding names to identify the staff in the first list then the first list will also be treated as personal data). The processing of personal data is governed by legislation relating to personal data which applies in the United Kingdom including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR) and other legislation relating to personal data and rights such as the Human Rights Act.
Who are we?
Our website address is bradbinder41.com
This Privacy Notice is provided to you by Vroom Media Ltd which is the data controller for your data.
Other data controllers that Vroom Media Ltd works with:
- Website hosting organisations
- Merchandise manufacturer and supply companies
- Other Third parties who are relevant to this specific website and its products and services.
If we and the other data controllers listed above are processing your data jointly for the same purposes, then we and the other data controllers may be “joint data controllers” which mean we are all collectively responsible to you for your data. Where each of the parties listed above are processing your data for their own independent purposes then each of us will be independently responsible to you and if you have any questions, wish to exercise any of your rights (see below) or wish to raise a complaint, you should do so directly to the relevant data controller.
A description of what personal data Vroom Media Ltdprocesses and for what purposes is set out in this Privacy Notice.
Vroom Media Ltd will process some of the following personal data where necessary to perform its tasks:
- Names & titles,
- Contact details such as telephone numbers, addresses, and email addresses;
How we use sensitive personal data
- We may process sensitive personal data including, as appropriate:
- in order to comply with legal requirements and obligations to third parties.
- These types of data are described in the GDPR as “Special categories of data” and require higher levels of protection. We need to have further justification for collecting, storing and using this type of personal data.
- We may process special categories of personal data in the following circumstances:
- In limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent.
- Where we need to carry out our legal obligations.
Do we need your consent to process your sensitive personal data?
- In limited circumstances, we may approach you for your written consent to allow us to process certain sensitive personal data. If we do so, we will provide you with full details of the personal data that we would like and the reason we need it, so that you can carefully consider whether you wish to consent.
- Vroom Media Ltd will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal data we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept and destroyed securely including ensuring that appropriate technical and security measures are in place to protect your personal data to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure.
We use your personal data for some or all of the following purposes:
- To confirm your identity to provide some services;
- To contact you by post, email, telephone or using social media (e.g., Facebook), To help us to build up a picture of how we are performing;
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
- To seek your views, opinions or comments;
- To notify you of changes to our facilities, services, events and staff,
- To send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, appeals, other new projects or initiatives;
- To process relevant financial transactions.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
We may process personal data if it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or to take steps to enter into a contract. An example of this would be processing your data in connection with the use of a reserved plot.
Sometimes the use of your personal data requires your consent. We will first obtain your consent to that use.
Sharing your personal data
This section provides information about the third parties with whom Vroom Media Ltdmay share your personal data. These third parties have an obligation to put in place appropriate security measures and will be responsible to you directly for the manner in which they process and protect your personal data. It is likely that we will need to share your data with some or all of the following (but only where necessary):
- The data controllers listed above under the heading “Other data controllers that works with”;
- Our agents, suppliers and contractors. For example, we may ask a commercial provider to publish or distribute newsletters on our behalf.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep some records permanently if we are legally required to do so. We may keep some other records for an extended period of time. For example, it is currently best practice to keep financial records for a minimum period of 8 years to support HMRC audits or provide tax information. Vroom Media Ltdis permitted to retain data to defend or pursue claims. In some cases, the law imposes a time limit for such claims (for example 6 years for contract claims). We will retain some personal data for this purpose as long as we believe it is necessary to be able to defend or pursue a claim. In general, we will endeavour to keep data only for as long as we need it. This means that we will delete it when it is no longer needed.
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
When exercising any of the rights listed below, in order to process your request, we may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases we will need you to respond with proof of your identity before you can exercise these rights.
- The right to access personal data we hold on you
- At any point you can contact us to request the personal data we hold on you as well as why we have that personal data, who has access to the personal data and where we obtained the personal data from.Once we have received your request we will respond within one month.
- There are no fees or charges for the first request but additional requests for the same personal data or requests which are manifestly unfounded or excessive may be subject to an administrative fee.
- The right to correct and update the personal data we hold on you
- If the data we hold on you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and your data will be updated.
- The right to have your personal data erased
- If you feel that we should no longer be using your personal data or that we are unlawfully using your personal data, you can request that we erase the personal data we hold.
- When we receive your request we will confirm whether the personal data has been deleted or the reason why it cannot be deleted (for example because we need it for to comply with a legal obligation).
- The right to object to processing of your personal data or to restrict it to certain purposes only
- You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data or ask us to restrict processing. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you and let you know if we are able to comply or if we have a legal obligation to continue to process your data.
- The right to data portability
- You have the right to request that we transfer some of your data to another controller. We will comply with your request, where it is feasible to do so, within one month of receiving your request.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time for any processing of data to which consent was obtained
- You can withdraw your consent easily by telephone, email, or by post (see Contact Details below).
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Transfer of Data Abroad
Any personal data transferred to countries or territories outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) will only be placed on systems complying with measures giving equivalent protection of personal rights either through international agreements or contracts approved by the European Union.
It is also stated that an email account is held by firstname.lastname@example.org
Our email service provider is based in the United Kingdom.
This is used for communications with all clients, contacts and the general public.
The only personal data that is contained within this is used to correspond with parties that have consented.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the personal data we hold about you or to exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints at:
The Data Controller, Vroom Media Ltd
(Trading as) Vroom Media Ltd, 27 Hazel Tree Way, Bridgend, CF31 2BJ, United Kingdom
+44 (0)29 200 26233